In an extremely inclusive and high level conference, The Global Citizen Forum in association with the Universal Peace Federation(an NGO in special consultative status with the UN ECOSOC)and the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations looks to trace the role of Governments, NGOs and the private Sector in optimizing the execution of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The conference shall affirm its commitment to the UN SDGs.
As the UN prepares itself to declare and execute the SDGs, the timing for such a conference is crucial, enabling a rethinking of the pitfalls that have dented the impact of past execution strategies. The time is optimum to deliberate a renewal of the UN, and how to enable optimization of its international goals in the future. This included everything from aligning with executionary partners to the process in which these goals are chosen.
The forum will bring together political leaders, representatives of UN bodies, member states, NGO’s,and business conglomerates.
Under its overarching theme the forum shall also feature panel discussions on the following sub-themes:
Sustainable Development as a Global Agenda: Using Private and Public Investment to Foster Inclusivity and Harmony
- Developing a new paradigm for inclusive development.
- Best Practices for achieving the SDGs.
- Business as an instrument of social development, through corporate social responsibility (projects to eradicate extreme poverty)
Rethinking Globalization and Development
- Globalization with a human face: the role of NGOs, governments and the private sector.
- Renewal and revitalization of the UN system toward achieving the SDGs.
The aim of these discussions is to develop a resolution or formulate an agenda that may be taken up with specialized bodies of the UN to gain private sector, civil society and governmental buy-in, optimizing the impact of the SDG’s to achieve faster results.